We’re big. We’re bad. We’re a gaming convention and charity drive.
Welcome to Big Bad Con! If you’re looking for a weekend-long RPG convention in the Bay Area, you’ve come to the right place. Big Bad Con started in 2011 and has been growing faster than a hungry wolf at a bacon buffet. That’s because from day one, we put the focus on what you want: great games. We sought out a lot of input developing this con—people like Japji Khalsa of Kublacon, Chris Hanrahan of EndGame in Oakland, Kris Miller of CelestiCon, Matt Steele of Dead of Winter, and tons of local gamers. The result? A con that brings what you want.
This is just a taste of what Big Bad Con brings to the table:
- Great games run by great GMs. We actively look for and recruit the best GMs throughout the year.
- A giant assortment of games to pick from, including lots of indie games you won’t see at other cons.
- Gaming schedules filled to the brim with great games and awesome events all con long.
- Unique experiences like Big Bad GM, Improv for Gamers, and full-con LARPS.
- Using tech tools like Twitter to keep you easily up-to-date on events, game openings, pick-up games, and more.
- An engaged staff with a game floor presence.
- Lots of event promotion before signups start. No more finding out about sessions of your favorite games long after they’re full!
- Unmatched con support. We actively work to match the right players with the right games, to schedule thoughtfully, and to support our GMs to create the best gaming experience possible.
October 17-19, 2014
Friday 1PM to Sunday 9PM
(No Worries is there from 5-9 Oct 17th ONLY)